Sunday 6 March 2016

March 2016 Watercolour Blog Hop





 Welcome to our Watercolour Blog Hop. If you have come from Alyson Mayo's blog then you are in the right place.


This Watercolour blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog

This month we have 28 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using either our Close to My Heart watercolour paints or Watercolour  Pencils  and other great CTMH products on their blogs. Wow!!!  
This  blog hop is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go.

I am loving our watercolours and watercolour paper. I have had the watercolour pencils for a while and just purchased the watercolour paints a few months ago. I have been experimenting with them.

I used an 'ombre' technique on the background. Took a dark shade and started at the top of the page then added more water and then lighter shades of the colour I chose at the beginning. The more you use the watercolours , the more comfortable you become. There really is no wrong way to use them, however avoiding putting too much water on the watercolour paper as it may curl. I used binder clips to keep the paper from curling. Still got a few curls but I flattened with my acrylic blocks overnight.






 I then used my Artistry,Art Philosophy Cartridges to cut out the  hexagon template,Easter Egg,Layered Rose,flower border and title to do the rest.

 I used :

White Daisy cardstock
Fundamental Enchantment Cardtock
Penelope Complements
Pink Enamel gems
White Hexagon(retired)


























Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment if you can. 








We sure do love feedback so please leave a comment below !

Your next stop is Michelle Loncar's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my friends  Now that the nice weather appears to be here,it's time to celebrate National Scrapbook Month in May! What better way...

Pin It