Tuesday 15 July 2014

July Summer Album-Cross Canada Blog Hop

Welcome to our July Blog Hop featuring our Summer Mini Album creations.  To purchase any of the items seen in our blog hop today, contact your local consultant to place an order.

We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop! 

If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you want to follow us across Canada then please start at the beginning and join Deanne Jacobs

If you came from  the very creative "Michelle " of " the right Hugh "  then you are in the right place!

I decided to create a summer album with mainly Jubiliee Paper, and some paper from the  Timber package.(love the wood look!
Sadly these paper packages are all retiring at the end of July . Every summer my husband's family has a picnic and we have anywhere from 80 to 100 people attend! We reserve an area at a park in Markham. The photos seem to be my responsibility and I usually scrapbook as many photos as I can. I love the mini album idea as they are portable and smaller to pack. I have done 12 scrapbooks over the last 10 years so this year's mini album was quite a change for me. The art booking cartridge is so easy to use  and there are so many wonderful icons,negative space that can be utilized. I still need to add some journalling and stamping but I did get most of the pictures into the album.
I used the Artbooking cartridge and created the front and back cover with chipboard. I used template pages from the 6x7 Summer Mini album on page 52-53 of the cricut handbook and made the book 7x7,used real dial size for all of the pages but then turned off real dial size to cut the titles,icons etc so that these were scaled to fit the 7x7 size pages. I also used a lot of product from my stash and will post more details in another post about the items used that will be retiring !
The art booking cartridge is so easy to use  and there are so many wonderful icons,negative space that can be utilized. I still need to add some journalling and stamping but I did get most of the pictures into the album.I am posting some of the pages  today and the rest tonight at 7:00 pm.






Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is  the talented " Kiera " of "inspire papercrafts"
 If you get lost along the way, you can head to Michelle S Blog, http://mycreationswithmichelle.blogspot.ca, as she has the complete blog list. 


Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to get creative using some of the designs, products and techniques seen along the way. We hope you will join us again next month when we will be featuring alternative uses for Picture My Life cards.   So mark August 15th on your calendars and hop along with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my friends  Now that the nice weather appears to be here,it's time to celebrate National Scrapbook Month in May! What better way...

Pin It