Thursday 15 January 2015

January 2015 Cross Canada Blog Hop - Valentine's Theme

Welcome to our January Blog Hop featuring Valentine’s Inspiration.  To purchase any of the items seen in our blog hop today, contact your local consultant  or me to place an order.

We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop! 

If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you want to follow us across Canada then please start at the beginning and join Julie at 12 x 12 Travels 

If you came from the very creative "Brae Montgomery 

of  "the Brae-er"  then you are in the right place.


I love Valentines's Day and everything it represents. My husband and I don't exchange gifts or cards but he usually treats me to a special dinner or vacation as this is also my birthday month! 
I feel especially blessed with a granddaughter to add to our Valentine's day traditions. I always make or buy a treat for my three adult daughters which include "naughty underwear" but guess I will have to adjust this slightly this year! 
Here is the card I made for each of my daughters. I used my new Cricut Explorer to cut it out and all Close to My Heart paper(Yule Tide- Yes this paper is very versatile and can be used for other themes)  I stamped the inside with the January Stamp Of the Month


 Here is another card I made using a Stamp Set called " Brushtrokes Flair". I love the effect of watercolour using this stamp set. Hearts were cut with Canary,Hollyhock and Pear cardstock. Inks used were Black,canary,pear,hollyhock . The sentiment was stamped using the January Stamp of the month



I also did a layout of my Granddaughter and her best friend who is a little shy. They were born three days apart. Aren't they a cute couple? I used  the HeartStrings Paper and January Stamp of the Month,I stamped Brushstrokes Flair behind the hearts to give them some depth for this layout and also used the Cricut Explorer to cut the layout.







Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is the very talented "Christine Robertson of " Chris Creative life ".

If you get lost along the way, you can head to Michelle S Blog, as she has the complete blog list. 


Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to get creative using some of the designs, products and techniques seen along the way. We hope you will join us again next month when we will be featuring Card Creations using our How To Books.  So mark February 15th on your calendars and hop along with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my friends  Now that the nice weather appears to be here,it's time to celebrate National Scrapbook Month in May! What better way...

Pin It